Inquiring Young Minds Want to Know March 10, 2010
Hyperlad is one of the most inquisitive five-almost-six year olds I’ve ever known. He asks some very interesting questions, so I thought I’d answer a set of them right here.
- Yes, everyone dies.
- That’s right, you won’t get hurt in heaven.
- God makes them, with help from Mommy and Daddy.
- No, I don’t really want to tell you that part right now.
- It’s called decomposition.
- No, your new heavenly body will not be made of metal.
- Just don’t worry about how babies get there for now, ok?
- No, I’m not dying yet. It will be a long time from now.
- Would you please stop asking how babies get there? I”ll tell you later.
- Yes, that’s right, worms eat it.
- Yes, that’s right, they do poop it out and make better soil.
- Yes, you may have oatmeal for breakfast.
All of which leads me to a question of my own: just what do they teach on PBS Kids?